fredag 11 juli 2008

Skateboarding in Iraq

KEITH BUTTERFIELD, 1st Sargent Butterfield

Do you skate freestyle? Sir, Yes Sir!!!

-Skateboarding in Iraq must be hard with the heat and sand?

"-Skating in the cradle of civilization does take a certain amount of commitment for sure, it's very windy and sandy at times, very warm and no one understands why the hell I skate at all? I have a little private place I set up on these metal pads that don’t even wear my board out? I enjoy time to myself and practice skating and just have some fun. No one bugs me and it's really great, I will remember these skate sessions for the rest of my life. I am the only person for thousands of miles with a skateboard, it’s very strange to think about that However, If I didn't have my deck with me, I'd be going crazy! I would most likely spend my free time in the gym getting pumped up for no good reason.. The “skateboard” once again comes to my rescue.. The “skateboard” has always been there for me no matter what, it’s all pretty amazing actually.. I’m so happy when I skate, only another skater understands.. God has blessed me with time, energy, health, a small amount of talent and a ton of determination. Only this time around part of my responsibility as a skateboarder is to provide a positive example to teens, kids and parents."

Read more about 1st Sargent Butterfield in the spring addition of Concrete Wave Magazine.

2 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

Han var ju cool som fan = )

Dallas Skateboarding sa...

Hey, this is my first comment on your site. I’ve been reading it for a while in my RSS reader but haven’t commented before.  Anyways, thanks for the post.